"It was a really impressive conference which offers a lot of insights into the European market. The first day consisted of property tours and the second day was a mix on panel sessions and presentations."
With almost 20 panel discussions throughout the day, held on three stages simultaneously, Dan’s key takeaways from the conference were:
- The success of student housing operators is based on the operator’s ability to enable a successful community.
- Local Community managers have to be empowered to adapt the management of each student accommodation to suit the needs of students in that building.
- Student operators need to listen to and work with tenants.
- All continental European markets still suffer from a demand/supply imbalance.
- The European student market is growing, and investors are increasingly bullish on the continent with Poland garnering a lot of attention as the most attractive emerging student market.
The conference was hugely enjoyable and valuable, so a big thank you to speakers, organisers and everyone involved. The Class of 2020 was a great conference and we look forward to next year!